My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Museum Analysis


Discovery Center - Being a group leader at Capital Christian Center, I decided to take my Small Group of Junior High boys to the Discovery Center with me. My first impression of the place is a museum for kids; to have fun, and be interactive with everything inside. When i walk in it really does have a feel of a museum; especially with all the objects throughout the room. When i sat and thought deeply while going around the museum i found myself in a museum of science. What better way then to teach kids about science, by letting them interact with science itself. The text for each object helped teach the kids how to work with science. The Discovery Center kind of acts like a Performance Art. The museum itself is the artist, letting the kids connect with the art itself. The kids help make the art in the museum.

The Boise Zoo - The Boise Zoo never gets old to me. When i walked in i really kind of expect only parents with small kids inside, but there was people of all ages there to enjoy the wildlife museum. Again, i find this museum on the lines of Performance Art on two aspects; one, the animals inside become the artist for the viewers to spectate, two, the viewers can also be the artist by interacting with the animals, as well the animal playground and toys set throughout the zoo. Another thing i noticed about The Boise Zoo, is it kind of acts like a fair in a way. We pay to get in to enjoy all the wonderful animals and sites, if your hungry there's concession stands for food/drinks, there's tons of stores inside to empty your wallet at, there's animal shoes from time to time for the entertainment, music is playing, and the playground helps act like the fair rides in a sense. Another great way of showing art by a means of entertaining the guest; and making them become part of the art itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment