My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist #23- Cornelia Parker



Cornelia Parker- born in 1956; an English sculptor and installation artist that engages in intervention of site-specific art. Parker is best known for her large-scale installation such as Cold Dark Matter: An Exploded View. This art piece (garden shed) was blown up by the British Army and suspended the fragments as if suspending the explosion process in time. Great quote from Cornelia Parker herself about her artwork, "I resurrect things that have been killed of... My work is all about the potential of materials - even when it looks like they've lost all possibilities."

No comments:

Post a Comment