My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist# 28- John de Andrea




John de Andrea - is an American sculptor. He is also know for extremely realistic polyvinyl or polychromed bronze casts of the human figure. In the most fundamental sense of the term, DeAndreas art is also Classical. His sculptures are direct descendants of the rouged, gilded, and waxy idols we know (though we scarcely believe) the great stone sculptures of Classical antiquity to have been when new. The artist's sensibility is at the same time peculiarly Mediterranean-another paradox, for this is an anti-Classical tendency-and his figures likewise are related to the illusionistic madonnas and saints of Spain, Italy, and Mexico with their "real" clothes and hair, and crystal tears. However, DeAndreas figures are wholly secular, with none of the sentimental passion that typifies these religious images.

No comments:

Post a Comment