My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist #24- Carl Andre



Carl Andre - is an American minimalist recognized both for his linear format and grid format sculptures. Whats shocking is Carl was actually being tried and acquitted for murdering his wife, artist Ana Mendieta. Most of Carl's sculptures range from public artworks to tile patterns arranged on floors of exhibition spaces; such as "Stone Field Sculpture," "Lament for the Children," to artworks like "Twenty-Fifth Steel Cardinal." Andre's movement was minimalism, with a strong suit of sculpting as his field of expertise. He was extremely influenced by other artist such as Frank Stella, Hollis Frampton, and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment