My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist #26 James Luna



James Luna - was born in 1950, and he is a Luiseno (Native American) and Mexican-American performance artist. As well he has done installation art, and is a counselor living on an Indian reservation in California. Luna began his art career as a painter, but later branched out into performance/installation art; in which he studied for over three decades. A lot of viewers know him as using his own body as his art for most of his artworks. A famous quote that James Luna said is, "I truly live in two worlds. This 'two world' concept once posed too much ambiguity for me, as I felt torn as to whom I was. In maturity I have come to find it the source of my power, as I can easily move between these two places and not feel that I have to be one or the other, that I am an Indian in this modern society."

No comments:

Post a Comment