My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Artist #4- Henri Matisse



Henri Matisse (1869-1954)
Henri Matisse was a French artist known for his use of color and his original draughtsmanship. He was a druaghtsman, printmaker, and sculptor, but his primary was painting.
Matisse is regarded, along with Picasso and Marcel Duchamp, as one of the three seminal artists of the 20th century. Henri was initially labeled as Fauve (wild beast), by the 1920's, he was increasingly hailed as an upholder of the classical tradition in French painting. The movements Henri was categorized in was Fauvism and Modernism art. Some of his works included was Woman with a Hat, The Dessert: Harmony in Red, Woman Reading, etc. Matisse died from a heart attack at the age of 84, and is buried in the cemetery of the Monastere Notre Dame de Cimiez.

No comments:

Post a Comment