My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Artist #11- Peter Paul Rubens




Sir Peter Paul Rubens (1577-1640)
Peter Rubens was a prolific seventeenth-century Flemish Baroque painter. He was also a major component of an extravagant Baroque style that emphasized movement, color, and sensuality. The Elevation
of the Cross, The Fall of Man, and The Exchange of Princesses were some of Peter's paintings. Rubens was well known for his Counter-Reformation altarpieces, portraits, landscapes, and history paintings of mythological and allegorical subjects. Sir Peter was a classically-educated humanist scholar, art collector, and diplomat who was knighted by both Philip IV (King of Spain), and Charles I (King of England). His movement of work was Baroque, with a field of painting and diplomacy. Rubens influences consisted of Michelangelo, Titian, Caravaggio, and Pieter Bruegel the Elder. Later in life, Ruben died of gout on May 30, 1640.

No comments:

Post a Comment