My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Monday, March 29, 2010

Artist #3- Vincent van Gogh



Vincent Willem van Gogh (1853-1890)
Van Gogh was a Dutch post-Impressionist painter whose work had a far-reaching influence on the 20th century art for it's vivid colors and emotional impact. His only expertise in art was painting, and he gave many viewers a different taste in what art is. Some of his well known works were The Potato Eaters, Sunflowers, The Starry Night... Van Gogh struggled through depression, and he ended up walking out to a field and shot himself in the chest with a revolver. He survived the impact, but the injury was fatal. Theo Van Gogh's (Vincent's brother) last words was "La tristeese durera toujours" (the sadness will last forever).

No comments:

Post a Comment