My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Artist #10- Alfred Stieglitz




Alfred Stieglitz (1864-1946)
Alfred was an American photographer and modern art promoter who was instrumental over his
fifty-year career in photography an accepted art form. He was married to painter Georgia O' Keeffe. Stieglitz is primarily known for the New York art galleries that he ran in the early part of the 20th century. His famous works consisted of The Hand of Man, Dirigible, and Old and New New York. One of his well known quotes out there today is "Photography is a fad well-nigh on it's last legs, thanks principally to the bicycle craze." Alfred Stieglitz died next to Georgia O' Keeffe from a fatal stroke, that later put him into a coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment