My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Friday, February 19, 2010

Nothing Gold Can Stay #1 (Finished Piece)


Nothing Gold Can Stay #1

This non-representational/organic sculpture goes out to all those who have lost family members, frienships, dreams, goals, relationships... That nothing in this world last forever; that's why my yellow/orange skinned structure looks like it's been detereating. I used bright colors to get the feeling that life is so precious. The logs are to show that nature plays a role with life and death. The twenty green swirls spread out around the piece represents how many years I've lived so far in this world. The reason i have holes in my sculpture is to show that life is fleeding; even when we think we have comple control over it. My armature consists of gold wires that are wrapped around eachother with willow branches connect by silver wiring. This piece was done in rememberance of one of my good friends who committed suicide; Nicholas Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment