My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ellen Scott Art Show

Ellen Scott-
The video she showed right off the bat of her art show really got me contemplating. Not knowing what HER meaning was for the viewers to get out of her piece, this is what i came up with. The video brought a sense of mystery in the play. Each person that would slowly walk by the video camera I was trying to put myself in their shoes, their lives. There was a feeling of being a part of something big, but still feeling a sense of loneliness. The music in the background fit perfectly to my liking, its steady heart beat kept the slow motion of what was being shown. Same with the plexi glass artwork she showed with all of them only showing the backs of people. There's a mystery and anticipation of wanting to see the front of everyone. Being an artist doing a series of artwork for my title, it was amazing to see how most of her artwork was incorporated strongly into one title, one meaning. That's exactly what i'm going for with Nothing Gold Can Stay, and seeing artwork from Ellen Scott it mentally prepared me for my upcoming pieces with my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment