My Inspirations

These are all videos of touching, inspirational, and driven experiences in my life so far that has made me who I am today! Every one tells a part of me and what i've been through. The past, present, and future all play an important role of who I am. MY PAST MY PRESENT & FUTURE

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Artist #14- Jackson Pollock




Jackson Pollock (1912-1956)
Paul Jackson Pollock was an American painter and a major attribute to in the abstract expressionist
movement. His field involved only painting with the movement of abstract expressionism. Jackson got his training from the Art Students League of New York. His patron was Peggy Guggenheim; with Pollock's influences were Thomas Hart Benton, and Pablo Picasso. Two of his most famous pieces were No.5, and Number 1 (both resemble his movement strongly). Pollock struggled with alcoholism his entire life, and ended up dieing at the age of 44 in an alcohol-related single car crash in December of 1956.

No comments:

Post a Comment